Our study of fractions continues! We've discussed how to model fraction operations with pictures (6.4), and we will continue to use those operations, and some learned last year, in word problem form (6.6). Much of what we will discuss this week is derived from the fraction learning of 5th grade (addition, subtraction). We will focus on long-term skills in this area (looking for WORDS THAT MEAN MATH, estimation, and other test-taking strategies, which help students in many math-related situations), while also reviewing how to use fraction operations in the most efficient ways possible.
- Test Friday (on all topics learned thus far; 30 questions; online test)!
- Quiz on SOL 6.6a (mixed number multiplication and division) on Tuesday, October 21st
- Quiz Corrections can be done for SOL 6.4 and 6.2, if a requiz is desired. Remember: CORRECTIONS ON A SEPARATE SHEET, SIGNATURES (scores below 80), AND MEETING WITH ME ARE REQUIRED TO EARN A REQUIZ OPPORTUNITY!
- We will do some experimenting with Google Classroom this week (cross your fingers!)
- SOL 6.6 VIDEO NOTES due Thursday. A video session will be held on Tuesday during lunch for those in need.
- There will be TEST REVIEW SESSIONS on Tuesday (Block 2), Wednesday (1), and Thursday (3) to go over weak areas. There are no re-tests!
Homework this week:
Monday- Pg 70 Workbook; odd only (not 7, 9)
Thursday- STUDY! (review sheet given in class; not graded/collected but it would be good to use!)