This week's lessons will focus on the multiplication and division of fractions- how to do the math, how to model them with pictures, and how both of them can work together. Later, we'll begin to work with mixed numbers in these operations as we move towards more word problem-type situations. Standards 6.4 and 6.6a will be touched on this week.
Announcements for the week:
- Wednesday- Vocabulary Quiz #2 will be given.
- Anyone who is in need of a re-quiz on SOL 6.19, 6.1, or 6.2 should see me with their quiz corrections and parent signature (if required), so we can review your work and get qualified for that re-quiz. No work, no re-quiz!!!
- You will receive a TEST REVIEW SHEET on Monday. This will show you (and your parents) exactly how you did on your last test. This will be used in class to review key questions on the test, and if necessary, can be used on Thursdays during remediation.
- FIRST REMEDIATION SESSION- October 10 (Thursday), 2:00-3:15. Please have a ride home arranged BEFORE YOU STAY AFTER SCHOOL!
- VIDEOS HAVE BEEN POSTED ON EDMODO! Check them out at www.edmodo.com or go to the YouTube Channel link above; you can search by using the keywords model, model fraction, or fraction.
- Peanut Fest is this weekend. You should go. It will be fun!
Homework this week:
Monday- Modeling Sheet, #1-8
Tuesday- Modeling Sheet, #9-16
Wednesday- Watch two (2) videos, and take notes/write questions on what you've watched.
Thursday- Watch two (2) videos, and take notes/write questions on what you've watched.