This week, we'll be diving into the next logical unit after mastering the writing and simplifying of ratios; by learning how to compare, order, and convert fractions, decimals, and percents (SOL 6.2), students will be prepared to use a variety of values, and also change them to suit their needs. Please refer to the homework calendar on the main page for details on how we will practice these skills!
1. There will be a multiplication quiz on Fridays for the next three weeks!
2. An exact date for the SOL 6.2 quiz has not been set; when it is, I will post and announce. The plan is to spend about two weeks studying SOL 6.2.
3. EXTRA CREDIT ANNOUNCEMENT! Mr. K is crafty! (well, his wife is) Bring in a pair(s) of jeans that are not being used (school-aged size and up) and receive a LOW QUIZ DROP for the 1st 9 weeks! The jeans will be made into a long-lasting, creative calculator/item holder for Mr. K's class. And, it's even more awesome because we'll be RECYCLING!
4. There will be a COOL parent/student night at the VMASC facilty (Virginia Modeling and Simulation Center, in Northern Suffolk) very soon. See this link for details- you might even see MR. K there!
5. The videos for SOL 6.2 are found below. Notes will be checked Friday, September 25th. There will be a video session that day for students who need to view videos in school.